Ft. Randall Federal Credit Union is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable members to meet their financial needs and reach their financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with members' expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with the credit union.
- The credit union requires only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business (ex. member application or loan application).
- The credit union will protect members' personal information. We will maintain strong security controls to ensure that the members' information in our files and computers are protected. We will use security techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality.
- The members will always have access to their information.
- The credit union will only share information to administer the products and services we provide when required to do so by the government, or when we partner with other businesses such as credit bureaus, collection agencies, etc. to offer a broader array of products and services.
- The credit union will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products, designed to enhance our members economic well-being. Under no circumstances will we authorize these firms to charge the member's account without their written consent. We will also not sell members' information to telemarketing firms.
- The credit union provides links to non-FRFCU websites, such as merchants and information sources. While we attempt to monitor these sites to maintain our high standards, we offer these links only as a convenience to our members. We do not control any of these sites and are not responsible for the privacy or security in these sites. If you choose to link to one of these sites, we strongly suggest that you review their privacy statement.
Online Services Agreement and Disclosure
This Online Services Agreement and Disclosure (Agreement) is the contract, which covers your, and our rights and responsibilities concerning services offered to you by Ft Randall Federal Credit Union (Financial Institution). Online Services permit you to electronically initiate account transactions involving your accounts and communicate with the Credit Union. In this Agreement, the words “you”, “your”, and “yours” mean those who request and use Online Services, any joint owners of accounts accessed under this Agreement or any authorized users of this service. The words “we”, “us” and “our” mean the Credit Union.
The word “account” means any one or more accounts you have with the Credit Union. By requesting and using Online Service, each of you, jointly and severally, agree to the terms and conditions in the Agreement, and any amendments. Each of your accounts at Ft Randall Federal Credit Union are also governed by the applicable account disclosure/agreement and Truth in Savings disclosures you received when you opened your account.
Account Access: Account access is accessible seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. To access your accounts through Online Services, you must have your account number and a password provided by Ft Randall Federal Credit Union.
The password that is used to gain access to your account information should be kept confidential, just as you would keep other PIN numbers and security codes confidential. For your protection you will be prompted to change your password every 90 days. It is recommended that you memorize this password and do not write it down. You are responsible for keeping your password, account numbers, and other account data confidential. If you share your password with the joint owner of your account, or your spouse, or any other individual who is not a joint owner, he or she will have full access to ALL share and loan account information, and be able to initiate transactions available through this service. If you believe that your password may have been lost or stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money between your accounts without your permission, notify Ft Randall Federal Credit Union at once at (605) 487-7641 or 1-888-244-9009.
You cannot use E-mail to initiate transactions, change information or inquire on your account(s). We will not respond to these types of requests via e-mail since we cannot be certain we are corresponding with you. Please use the appropriate functions within our Online Services. Please call us at (605) 487-7641 or 1-888-244-9009 for instructions.
TYPES OF TRANSACTIONS:
At the present time, you may use Online Services to:
- Transfer funds between share draft (checking), share savings, and loan accounts.
- Transfer funds to accounts of other members, which you have preauthorized.
- Review account balances and transaction history for any of your share draft (checking), share (savings) or loan accounts.
- Make bill payments to a person or business (payee), review bill payment history and make scheduled bill payment changes, if enrolled in the fee based Bill Payment program.
- Request a change of address on your account.
- View your monthly/quarterly statements.
- Conduct other transactions permitted by the Credit Union.
- Transactions involving your deposit accounts will be subject to the terms of your account agreement and transactions involving a line of credit account will be subject to your loan agreement and disclosures, as applicable.
There is currently NO FEE for accessing your account(s) through our Online Services. We reserve the right to impose/change the fee amount, if necessary, after providing 30 days notice to all users at the Online Services login page and/or e-mail address.
Your internet service provider (ISP) probably charges you a fee to access the internet via its server. We have no control over ISP related fees.
SERVICE LIMITATIONS: The following limitations on Online Service transactions may apply in using the services listed above:
- Transfers. You may make funds transfers to other accounts of yours as often as you like. Transfers done through Online Services DO NOT immediately charge or credit your account. However, transfers from a share savings will be limited to a total of six (6) in any one month. You may transfer or withdraw up to the available balance in your account. TRANSFERS WILL BE EFFECTIVE BY THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY AFTER THE DATE OF SUCH TRANSACTION. The Credit Union reserves the right to refuse any transaction that would draw upon insufficient or unavailable funds, lower an account below a required balance or otherwise require us to increase our required reserve on the account.
- Account Information: The account balance and transaction history information may be limited to recent account information involving your accounts. Also, the availability of funds for transfer or withdrawal may be limited due to the processing time for ATM transactions and our Funds Availability Policy.
- E-Mail. The Credit Union may not immediately receive e-mail communications that you send to firstname.lastname@example.org and the Credit Union will not take action based on e-mail requests until the Credit Union actually receives your message and has a reasonable opportunity to act. If you need to contact the Credit Union immediately regarding an unauthorized transaction, you may call the Credit Union at the telephone number set forth in the Liability for Unauthorized Access section.
Bill Payments. You may authorize new payment instructions or edit previously authorized payment instructions for bill payments that are either periodic and nonrecurring (i.e. payments on merchant charge accounts that vary in amount) (periodic bill payments) or automatic and recurring i.e. fixed monthly mortgage payments, (automatic bill payments) up to a maximum dollar amount of $9,999.99. When you transmit a bill payment instruction to us, you authorize us to transfer funds to make the bill payment transaction for the account you designate. We will process bill payment transfer requests only to those payees designated in the Credit Union’s user instructions and such payees as you authorize and for whom the Credit Union has the proper vendor code number. Payments for payees and purposes described below are permitted but NOT GUARANTEED due to the risk associated with late payments and the additional documentation that may be required when submitting payments to these payees:
- Tax or other governmental entities (utility payments to governmental entities are permitted)
- Collection agencies
- Court-ordered payments such as alimony, child support, speeding tickets, etc.
- Payments to payees outside of the United States.
- Payments to payees located in the Armed Forces postal codes such as AE or AP
- Payments to settle securities transaction
- Payments to payoff “special financing” transactions
- Unprocessed payments due to error conditions that are not caused by the Credit Union or its online bill payment provider.
The Credit Union will not process a bill payment transfer if the required transaction information is incomplete.
The Credit Union uses the “Good Funds” method of online bill payment. This requires funds to be available in the member’s designated account on the day the payment is to be transferred. Therefore, if there are insufficient funds in your account to make the bill payments request, the payment will not be made. The Credit Union will make up to three (3) attempts to pull funds from a member’s account for online bill payments on consecutive processing days. If the funds are not available after three (3) attempts to make the payment it is your responsibility to delete that failed payment attempt and re-enter a new payment for future processing to occur.
The Credit Union reserves the right to refuse to process payment instructions that reasonably appears to the Credit Union to be fraudulent or erroneous. The Credit Union will withdraw the designated funds from your account for the bill payment transfer by midnight on the date you schedule for payment. The Credit Union will process your bill payment transfer within one (1) business day on the date you schedule for payment.
It is your responsibility to schedule your bill payments in such a manner that your obligations will be paid on time. You are responsible for any late payments or finance charges that may be imposed as a result of your failure to transmit a timely bill payment authorization. Bill payment files are not processed on weekends or on holidays observed by the Federal Reserve System which include but are not limited to:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
You may cancel or stop payment of periodic and automatic bill payment instructions under certain circumstances. If you discover an error in or want to change a payment instruction (i.e. payment date or payment amount) for a periodic or automatic bill payment you have already scheduled for transmission through Bill Pay, you may electronically edit or cancel your payment request. Your cancellation request must be entered and transmitted through Bill Pay before the date you have scheduled for payment. If your request is not timely entered, you will be responsible for the payment.
SECURITY OF PASSWORD. The password issued to you is for your security purposes. The password is confidential and should not be disclosed to third parties or recorded. You are responsible for safekeeping your password. You agree not to disclose or otherwise make your password available to anyone not authorized to sign on your accounts. If you authorize anyone to use your password, that authority shall continue until you specifically revoke such authority by notifying the Credit Union. You are responsible to properly log out of Online Services to prevent access by unauthorized individuals. If you fail to maintain the security of online services or these passwords and the Credit Union suffers a loss, we may terminate your Online and Bill Pay services immediately.
LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS. You are responsible for all transfers and bill payments you authorize under this Agreement. If you permit other persons to use Online Services or your password, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize or conduct on any of your accounts. However, tell us at once if you believe anyone has used your password or accessed your accounts through Online Services without your authorization. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You may call us at (605) 487-7641 or toll free at 1-888-244-9009. Or you may write to us:
Ft Randall Federal Credit Union
PO Box 110
Pickstown, SD 57367
BUSINESS DAY. Our business days are Monday through Friday, ending at 3:00 p.m. Transactions requested on Saturday, Sunday, holidays and after 3:00 p.m. will be processed on the next business day.
FEES AND CHARGES. There are certain charges for Bill Pay services as set forth on the Online Services Fee Schedule. From time to time, the charges may be changed. We will notify you of any changes as required by law.
PERIODIC STATEMENTS. Transfers and bill payments transacted through Online Services will be recorded on your periodic statement. You will receive a statement monthly unless there is no transaction in a particular month. In any case, you will receive a statement at least quarterly.
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION’S LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO MAKE TRANSFERS. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you and the instructions you transmit, we will be liable for your actual losses or damages. However, the Credit Union will not be liable:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have adequate funds in your account to complete a transaction, your account is closed, or the transaction amount would exceed your credit limit on your line of credit, if applicable.
- If you have not properly followed any applicable computer, Internet Access, or Credit Union user instructions for making transfer and bill payment transactions.
- If your computer fails or malfunctions or Bill Pay was not properly working and such problem should have been apparent when you attempted such transaction.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, telecommunications outages, postal strikes, equipment or power failure) prevent making the transaction.
- If the funds in your account are subject to an administrative hold, legal process or other claim.
- If you have not given the Credit Union complete, correct, and current instructions so the Credit Union can process a transfer or bill payment.
- If the error was caused by a system beyond the Credit Union’s control, such as your Internet Service Provider.
- If you do not authorize a bill payment soon enough for your payment to be made and properly credited by the payee by the time it is due.
- If the Credit Union makes a timely bill payment but the payee nevertheless does not credit your payment promptly after receipt.
- If there are other exceptions as established by the Credit Union from time to time.
TERMINATION OF ONLINE SERVICES, BILL PAY, AND E-STATEMENT SERVICES. You agree that we may terminate this Agreement and your use of Online Services if you or any authorized user or your account or password breach this or any other agreement with us; or if we have reason to believe that there has been an unauthorized use of your account or access code. You or any other party to your account can terminate this Agreement by requesting from us, then filling out and submitting the appropriate electronic service discontinuation form (i.e. Online Hold Request, Bill Pay Cancellation Request or E-Statement Cancellation Request). Termination of service will be effective the first business day following receipt of your written notice. However, termination of this Agreement will not affect the rights and responsibilities of the parties under this Agreement for transactions and/or fees initiated or incurred before termination.
NOTICES. The Credit Union reserves the right to change the terms and conditions upon which this service is offered. Use of Online Services is subject to existing regulations governing your accounts and any future changes to those regulations.
ENFORCEMENT. You agree to be liable to the Credit Union for any liability, loss, or expense as provided in this Agreement that the Credit Union incurs as a result of any dispute involving yours account or services. You authorize the Credit Union to deduct any such liability, loss, or expense from your account without prior notice to you. In the event either party brings a legal action under this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled, subject to applicable law, to payment by the other party of its reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, including fees on any appeal, bankruptcy proceedings, and any post-judgment collection actions, if applicable.
GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with all applicable federal laws and all applicable substantive laws of the state where you opened your account, and the Bylaws of the Credit Union as they now exist or may be hereafter amended. You understand that we must comply with these laws, regulations, and rules. You agree that if there is any inconsistency between terms of the Agreement and any applicable law, regulation, or rule, the terms of this Agreement will prevail to the extent any such law, regulation, or rule may be modified by agreement between us.